Sunday, January 18, 2009

Alex's first Christmas

Alex and I flew into Dulles on the 22nd and left for Ohio on the 23rd.  He did awesome on the flight & drive both were more than 5 hour trips.  Its so fun seeing family with Alex now because everyone gets to see all his funny new games and his silly personality.  Uncle Mike, Aunt Mary Anne and Julie came for Christmas Eve dinner and it was so fun watching Alex and Uncle Mike together, but it made me sad that Alex never met my Grandpa.   As always we told lots of stories, ate too much food and Drank too many Martini's =).  
Heather, Julie and I
Uncle Mike and Alex

Alex loved all of Gee Gee's Cooking
Aunt MaryAnne, Heather, Me and Uncle Mike


Alex's First Christmas
We woke up early to LOTS of presents as usual.
 This year was very hard for me because I was so sad without Patrick but so excited for Alex's first Christmas.  We had an awesome morning opening presents oldest to youngest.  We all got some great stuff but it was fun helping alex open all his new toys, books, movies and more toys.  My favorite gift this year was a gag gift to Gman, a onesie.  Since Alex was born Dad always says I want one of those when I put on Alex's PJ's, soooooo suprise guess what he got for christmas.  It was so fun and silly to see them together in their matching Onsies =)

I also made everyone a DVD of every video I have of Alex from his first year.  I loved it.
Best Christmas Present EVER
Christmas Mimosa's
My Family =)
Alex's first Christmas Present EVER!
After opening all of our presents we went to see Alex's Great Grandma Rudzenski and his Great Aunt Barbara.  

Mary Lou, Janie and Mary Louise all came for Christmas Dinner and guess what....Lots more food and funny stories about my Grandparents when they were younger.  These Ladies are soooo funny.  
Mary Louise, Mary Lou and Gee Gee
Janie and Alex
We went to see Aunt Barbara again before we left and then spent some quality time together the night before we went back to VA.  
Dad didn't get the smile memo
Or the serious memo
Visiting Aunt Barbara

I hope Alex enjoyed his first Christmas as much as me.   We missed you Daddy!!!!

No comments: